Hollywood, United States, North America
for credit only
Business Development Intern
Summary of Position
As an independent production facility operator, each department at Raleigh Studios manages a broad range of roles and responsibilities. This provides our interns with the invaluable opportunity to learn and experience a remarkable variety of skills and activities all within one department. Specifically, the marketing department at Raleigh Studios is involved in actively promoting all of Raleigh’s current locations, both domestic and international. We ensure producers and studio executives are fully informed and educated about the options available to them through Raleigh and our studio facilities, as well as the associated tax incentive programs. The department creates all promotional materials for the studios, arranges and coordinates for relevant trade show and event attendance, maintains and manages our online presence (website, press and social media) and tracks and pursues upcoming projects that are fitting to our studio availability. Our interns will be participants in all of these arenas.
Essential Role Responsibilities:
- The development and finance intern will work with the business development department in researching and presenting new domestic and international studio development projects as well as their financial feasibility and profitability.
- The intern will be introduced to industry trends and shifts and become familiar with the unique aspect of studio business that is early studio development.
- They will be exposed to the studio design and construction process.
- At the discretion of the intern supervisor and dependent on the sensitivity of information being discussed, interns will be allowed to be present at meetings and conference discussions concerning business development.
Qualifications / Duties
- We are flexible on the internship hours but do require a commitment to a set, consistent schedule between the hours of 9am – 7pm, at least two days a week.
- The intern must possess their own transportation or be willing to use other transportation options to get themselves to work each week.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Comfort level with creating and/ or reviewing spreadsheets and their formulas to accurately relay financial performances and researched information.
- Exceptional research skills. The ability to uncover and translate difficult to find information.
- Professional writing and grammar skills. Ability to write business oriented documents in a presentational manner for executive and corporate review.
- Professional phone etiquette.
- Fluency or familiarity with any other languages is a strong asset and qualification. Please note on application.
- Basic understanding of how business finances work; revenue, expense, operating margins, profit, etc. and what those categories entail.
- Background knowledge in business principles and familiarity with the film and television industry terminology and major players.
- Possess a professional and courteous disposition.
- A desire to explore the business aspects of a studio and corporate development structures.
- Willingness to abide by corporate non-disclosure policies both during and following position tenure with the company.