Hollywood, United States, North America
for credit only
Marketing & Client Development Intern
Summary of Position
As an independent production facility operator, each department at Raleigh Studios manages a broad range of roles and responsibilities. This provides our interns with the invaluable opportunity to learn and experience a remarkable variety of skills and activities all within one department. Specifically, the marketing department at Raleigh Studios is involved in actively promoting all of Raleigh’s current locations, both domestic and international. We ensure producers and studio executives are fully informed and educated about the options available to them through Raleigh and our studio facilities, as well as the associated tax incentive programs. The department creates all promotional materials for the studios, arranges and coordinates for relevant trade show and event attendance, maintains and manages our online presence (website, press and social media) and tracks and pursues upcoming projects that are fitting to our studio availability. Our interns will be participants in all of these arenas.
Essential Role Responsibilities:
- Interns will aid the department in gleaning information from industry production reports, the daily trades, as well as complete follow-up phone-calls. They will work with the department in the tracking of upcoming film and television projects for all of our studio locations.
- They will participate in online, print & interactive marketing campaigns as outlined in the studio marketing plans
- Interns will be exposed to press releases and procedures for new announcements as well as the creation of ad campaigns and website design for a major production studio.
- They will be expected to generate ideas for social media engagement on Facebook, Twitter & elsewhere online and then help with the moderation, administration and upkeep of all social media sites.
- May have the opportunity to attend events and trade shows (dependent on dates)
- Other tasks and roles will be outlined based on current needs.
Qualifications / Duties
- We are flexible on the internship hours but do require a commitment to a set, consistent schedule between the hours of 9am – 7pm, at least two days a week.
- The intern must possess their own transportation or be willing to use other transportation options to get themselves to work each week.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Ability to maintain logs and tracking reports and understand spreadsheets.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Possess a professional and courteous disposition.
- Excellent communication skills. Strong professional presence on the phone. Comfort speaking to a variety of individuals and ability to control a conversation to gain key information.
- Knowledge of the key players in film and television production as well as the chain of command within studio operations.
- Creative thinker with an understanding of marketing principals and strategies.
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Adobe Suite programs a plus.
- A desire to explore the business aspects of a studio and a passion for studio services and production support.
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills and experience interacting with diverse individuals.
- “Can Do” attitude and flexible demeanor. Willingness to adjust to the constant ebb and flow of prioritization between incredibly diverse department tasks.